Thursday, December 10, 2009

About My Blog!

It didn't really take me anytime to come up with my blog title. I would say that what God is doing the most in me right now is giving me an eternal and everlasting perspective. For a year and a quarter now I have been walking through some hard times in life. I got pregnant with my sweet Carson in August 08 and since then the only way to describe my life is difficult. I'm not complaining (although I do sometimes), it has been great to learn and grow and has produced MUCH joy! I understand (somewhat) what it means to do as paul says and "consider it pure joy when you face sufferings of many kinds". Someone who I consider to be very wise illustrated to me that trials and temptations are absolutely necessary for our santification. So I want to be santified right? Of course! So why would I (or do I) grumble against them? The answer to that would BEEEEE bc I live on this side of heaven!

So this is a blog of my life...this side of heaven. Oh how it is filled with great blessings. Things I don't deserve! A fabulous family, fabulous friends, a fabulous roof over my head, clothes on my back, and food in my belly! HE has also provided fun things for my enjoyment and entertainment. My blog is going to be about these things! The sweet glimpses of God's sweet grace, mercy and love.

It will be a great reminder for me too of God's goodness and faithfulness in ALL circumstances! I hope it will encourage myself and all of its readers to press on toward eternal glory with Jesus in heaven! This life is fleeting.

This has got to be my blog verse: Phillipians 3: 12-14

.."I press on to take hold of that for which Christ Jesus took hold of me."
.."Forgetting what is behind and straining toward what is ahead, I press on toward the goal to win the prize for which God has called me heavenward in Christ Jesus."

Here are some other relevant truths to my blog:

Psalm 27: 13-14 "I am still confident of this: I will see the goodness of the Lord in the land of the living. Wait for the Lord; be strong and take heart and wait for the Lord"

John 16:33 Jesus speaking...."In this world you will have trouble. But take heart! I have overcome the world."

Soon I will have some pictures and more info up...baby steps people...baby steps! = )

2 comments:

  1. so true beth! it is so comforting knowing that real life is in the life to come!!! so glad you have a blog. oh, by the way, i saw a blog called "the beth blog ever." isn't that awesome! i think that should be your tagline or something. ha! but, i don't think it would go with the whole eternal theme. i just thought you would think that was funny!

    ReplyDelete
  2. so you are preaching to yourself and
    letting us be part of that.

    and now i know how to pray for you!

    all your scriptures are so encouraging
    to me, too.

    blessings,
    lea

    ReplyDelete

Word Up!