Friday, March 26, 2010

Child Training...

So originally I wanted to share a cute cute video of Darby singing but I have to figure out how to make it shorter so blogger can upload it!  dern...but hopefully soon!  Its been a couple of days!  I have been a bad blogger!  I have caught a few of yalls post here and there but I need to catch up in a major way!  Well I can't get the video to work but I thought I could share two of my favorite child training tools so far.

The first is the Jesus Storybook Bible...Every Story Whispers His (Jesus') Name. Every story points to the promise and the coming of the Savior and Rescuer for all sinners!


The other thing I love is the Hide Em' in Your Heart...Bible verse memory tunes! They are cute and Darby has been known to shout scripture at the top of her lungs to these tunes!


Of course I don't do these things so that she will be saved or be good. I'm just trying to be a good steward of these precious gifts that God has given me. I will leave the saving up to Him and will and do pray earnestly for their hearts and lives and future! I will never share a "gospel" of being good with my kids. I will never teach them that reading your bible or memorizing scripture is what you have to do to go to heaven! A pox (as my pastor would say) on that "gospel". I can only PRAY and guide and lead them to the real gospel that it is NOT by works but by Grace. A free gift that we don't deserve. I pray that they would fear, not fear like he will do something good or bad to them, but reverent fear the Lord. F-flee from sin; E-edyify others; A-adore and worship God; R-run to the cross (an acrostic from my pastor's sermon Sunday). This takes faith and a handing over of your life to Jesus at one point but then everyday thereafter to say Lord here is my life...do what you will and I will seek to honor you! Oh I pray for my babes to hear Jesus when He says.... "Come to me all who are weary and heavy laden and you will find rest for your soul"! I know from personal experience before and even after I became a christian that Jesus is the ONLY place that I can trully experience rest and comfort in the chaos of a broken world.  He is SO GOOD wheter times are good or bad that remains true!
 

7 comments:

  1. Such cute books and songs! So perfect for Easter :)
    I feel like I rarely get caught up in the blogging world. Either I am way behind, or everyone is way ahead...whatever our speed though :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great post Beth! I've missed you my blogging buddy :o)

    I have to get that CD for Kelcee! We are going to the mall today to see the Easter Bunny soooo I may swing buy the Bible Book Store and see if they have it!

    I always read her the toddler bible the book you show is super duper cute!

    Have a great day
    Summer :0)

    ReplyDelete
  3. so true beth... i love what you said: "i will leave the saving up to Him and will and do pray earnestly for their hearts and lives and future." i'm right there with you! you are a great mommy.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is such a good post. I have a few children bible story books that we read to Finn. He's not really interested in them right now but I know one day he will be!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You are such a good mommy, and a wise woman. I'll have to check these out for my daughter! Thanks for posting this!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Both of my kiddos have that Bible and we LOVE it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh I'm excited about looking into that Bible. Right now we have a toddlers Bible for Gooner and she LOVES it. She smiles and gets all excited when she sees it!

    ReplyDelete

Word Up!